Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Clarity Assessment




"At the beginning of this week I was uncertain about what I was doing in my profession. Today at the end of the week it is very clear to me what I was doing wrong, what I need to do to change course, and exactly how to go about it."
Clarity in any profession results in less complexity and greater effectiveness. How do you know when you have clarity? 

  • When strategies are understood . . . 
  • When definitive action plans can be implemented . . . 
  • When results do not require an advanced degree to validate . . . 
  • When you know who you are, where you are going and how you are going to get there . . . 
Many people / professionals / business owners have found this simple assessment tool invaluable for getting a snapshot of their own clarity. A few minutes of your time and a dose of gut-level honesty will help you begin to see your life, your job, or your business more clearly. Use the scores below to answer each question.

5 - Strongly Agree       4 - Agree       3 - Neither Agree nor Disagree       2 - Disagree       1 - Strongly Disagree

  1. I have a comprehensive understanding of my talents and skills.
  2. I maximize my talents and skills for optimum earnings.
  3. I have an articulated list of values that drive how I live and work.
  4. I have a written vision for the future of my life / profession / business.
  5. I have an easy-to-understand mission with achievable goals.
  6. My values, vision and mission are in harmony with each other.
  7. I have realistic strategies written out with target dates assigned to them.
  8. I rely on actual data to assess my progress.
  9. I regularly reassess my current status for strategic planning.
  10. I know who I am, where I am going, and how I am going to get there.
Total your score. 
40 to 50: Perhaps you should consider how to mentor someone to achieve their optimum life!
30 to 40: There is room for improvement. Find time for an objective reality check.
20 to 30: Dense fog. Watch out for the unforeseen event waiting for you.
10 to 20: Lost, dazed or confused. Is this what life is supposed to be like?
0 to 10: Crisis. If lack of clarity were a disease, you'd be in the E.R. in critical condition.

Do you use these three essential components for blowing away the fog and gaining clarity for your life, profession or business?


This one thing will take your clarity to a whole new level of strategic planning.

No comments:

Post a Comment