Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Clarity on Steroids

Getting from where you are today to where you want to be in the future demands clarity of thought.
"I started to work on my SWOT analysis for our business. About 5 questions into it I began to realize that I was operating my business on hunches and feelings. It's no wonder I don't have a clear picture of what is really going on or what I need to do to move forward."
Clarity of thought is not a psychic or metaphysical experience.
"How do I know? I don't know how I know. Maybe I don't know what I think I know."
Imagine an engineer trying to build a bridge across the river. It's simple, right? All he has to do is rivet together some steel and connect one bank to the other.
"I figure about 80% of my business comes from people making purchases of $50 or less. I spend about 60 hours a week pursuing more of this kind of customer. Why do you ask?"
A powerful key to earning more and working less is learning how to optimize what you do. Clarity brings to the forefront your strongest skills and talents and leverages them for optimum earning potential.
"We have been doing business this way for 8 years. I couldn't tell you what my P&L says. All I know is I pay my bills. And there never seems to be enough!"
Remember asking your math teacher if you would ever need to know "this stuff"? The answer is Yes.

Clarity is indispensable for moving your life, your profession or your business from where it is today to an increasingly better tomorrow.

To put your clarity on steroids you need one key ingredient.

Data. Cold hard facts.

What are you doing to benchmark your business?

*****
How's your clarity? Take this simple assessment and give yourself a grade.

These three components are vital if you want to gain clarity.

1 comment:

  1. Aloha Alan,

    Thanks again for the help you and Carolyn provided during the trip from San Diego to Honolulu!

    Stay in touch!

    ReplyDelete